SECTION 1 – TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account or purchase goods or services through the Services, including your [name, address, email address, phone number,] and other account information (collectively, “Personal Information”).
- Information you provide to us when you access or use the Services and each time you interact with the Services or Ritter, for example, when you [update information in your control panel, communicate with us by telephone or email, and order or download new products or services. Such information includes your payment information. We also store information about the products you purchase through the Services, such as the product information, date of purchase, and information relating to any support issue].
- Usage, viewing and technical data regarding your use of the Services, including your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address or device identifier when you use the Services. If you access your account from a mobile device, that mobile device may also provide us with details of your location. Most mobile devices allow you to disable this functionality. Please note that if you limit sharing of your location data, certain features of our Services may not work as intended..
When information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual user (“Anonymous Information”) is directly or indirectly associated with Personal Information, this Anonymous Information also is treated as Personal Information.
SECTION 2 - HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Unique Identifiers. We collect information through unique identifiers (such as IP address or your mobile device advertising identifier).
- Strictly Necessary Cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like security or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies - These cookies collect information about how you use the Website. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you and are only used to improve how the Website works.
- Functionality Cookies - These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make, such as the configuration of your computer, to provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Other Technologies - We may also use other Internet technologies, such as web beacons or pixel tags and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and analyze your use of the Services. We also may include web beacons in email messages so that we know when you have opened an email message received from Ritter.
Do Not Track. Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Ritter and the Services [do not recognize DNT].
SECTION 3 - HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Services and the products and services you request.
- To administer your Ritter account.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features of the Services or changes to our policies.
- To process payments.
- To ensure consistency with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you.
- To personalize content and experiences and advertising.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To optimize or improve the content, products, services, and features of the Services.
- To personalize and improve the Services and user experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, to deliver content or features that match user profiles or interests.
- To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services.
We may also send you emails about our store, new products, offers, promotions and other updates.
SECTION 4 – HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES
We may share your Personal Information outside of Ritter under some circumstances, including, without limitation:
- When we share Personal Information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), to enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties, to comply with legal process, including judicial warrant, rule, order or subpoena or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law or regulation.
In addition, we may share Anonymous Information about groups or categories of users. You will not be personally identifiable from such information. You may request a notice disclosing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties, and the names of those third parties. To request such notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
SECTION 5 – YOUR CHOICES AND CONSENT
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- [You may change your choices for newsletters and alerts.]
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services.
- You may request access to the Personal Information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise your controls and choices or request access to your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, mailing us at: Ritter, Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer, 20 Water St, Hingham MA 02043, or following any instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
SECTION 6 – DATA SECURITY
Secure Payments. Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”). Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
[If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.]
SECTION 7 – YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Location of Personal Information and Transfers.Ritter processes Personal Information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your Personal Information on a server located outside the country where you live. By using the Services, you freely and specifically give Ritter your consent to export your Personal Information outside of the EEA, including to the US and understand that data stored outside of the EEA may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the countries in which it is stored.
Access Requests. You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. Ritter will take commercially reasonable steps to provide you with such access and to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
SECTION 8 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Links. Our Services may contain links to other sites operated by third parties. When you click on links on our Services, they may direct you away from our Website. We do not control such other sites, are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, and encourage you to read their privacy statements. Ritter’s inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such sites or of their owners or operators except as disclosed on the Services. Ritter expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including, but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties. Any information submitted by you directly to these third parties is subject to these third parties’ privacy policies.
SECTION 9 - AGE OF CONSENT AND CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
By using this Website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Website.
Ritter does not intentionally gather any Personal Information about individuals who are under the age of thirteen (13) or knowingly allow such persons to sign up for the Services. The Services are not directed at children under the age of thirteen (13). IF YOU ARE UNDER THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE, DO NOT USE OUR SERVICES. If Ritter becomes aware that it has collected Personal Information from someone under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete such information. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of thirteen (13) who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us using the information below to request it be deleted.
SECTION 10 – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
YOU MAY CONTACT US AS DESCRIBED IN SECTION 13 WITH ANY QUESTIONS, OR TO REQUEST A LIST OF THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES AND THE CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE MAY DISCLOSE.
SECTION 11 - DISPUTE RESOLUTION
SECTION 13 - QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
20 Water St, Hingham, MA 02043