It’s the good-nature of our wool and our actions that will help us be the brand we strive to be.
The Moral Dilemma
Why we do what we do?
- The equivalent of one garbage truck full of clothes is dumped in a landfill, or burned every second - it takes hundreds of years for a synthetic fiber to biodegrade
- 60% of all materials used in the fashion industry are made from plastic
- 500,000 tons of microfibers are released into the ocean each year from washing clothes made with synthetics, or 50 billion plastic bottles
- 93 billion cubic meters of water is used each year by the fashion industry (enough to meet the needs of 5 million people)
Our Moral Compass
- To us, navigating the fashion industry with a firm moral compass means investing in ethical manufacturing practices
- It means we try our best to meet demand, without overproducing, or over taxing our natural resources and supply chain - minimizing our impact on water waste, landfill, water purity and carbon emissions
- We make things that last - sustainable investment pieces
- We’re opposed to the wastefulness of “fast fashion” and instead create garments that are well-constructed and timeless, keeping them in your closet and out of landfill
Our Moral Fiber
Wool over synthetics, whenever and wherever we can. We love Alpaca. Why? From the terrain they walk, to the natural resources they use, to the skin they touch, Alpacas are much gentler on the planet and have a touch and feel akin to Cashmere.
- 100% biodegradable
- 3x more natural colorization, which equates to 50% less chemical and water usage in the dye process
- As soft as cashmere, but more durable than sheep wool
- Natural thermoregulating fibers that keep you warm and dry, without the itch
THE INDUSTRY BEHIND THE WOOL
- Culture of artisanry
- Farmed ethically in Peru
- Family owned and woman-led and operated facilities
- Woven, cut & sewn in fair working conditions